This delicacy is prized among its fans and will usually sell out days after we produce it each season. Get your orders in early so you’re not disappointed as we must sell this as a first-come, first-served product.
The light wax combs are 100% edible and filled to bursting with fresh, golden honey. Raw honeycomb is also the healthiest version of honey, retaining all of the pollen, enzymes, and microbial cultures that make honey such a nutritious powerhouse.
How to Eat Honeycomb:
1. Spread a spoonful of honeycomb over butter on fresh, warm bread straight from the oven or toaster. It’s especially decadent on pancakes, waffles, and banana bread!
2. Honeycomb is a great addition to any charcuterie board. It works wonderfully with bread, meat, fruit, and of course, cheese! If you like strong, flavourful cheeses, we recommend a chunk of honeycomb with blue cheese and a slice of pear or apple. If you like lighter, milder cheese, add honeycomb to a cracker with baked brie or camembert and a little rosemary.
3. Start your day off right with a slice of honeycomb melting over a warm bowl of oatmeal, or into plain yogurt for a kick of natural sweetness.
4. Honeycomb is a surprising addition that takes artisan pizza to the next level. Try a touch of honeycomb with salami and chili oil, or with prosciutto, balsamic vinegar, and basil.
5. Of course, the most deliciously indulgent way to eat honeycomb is straight from the container with a spoon! It’s a delightful way to begin the morning, a sweet lunchtime mood-booster, or a guilt-free treat at the end of a long day.
Comb Honey should be stored either at room temperature or frozen. The honeycomb is most pleasing when it is slightly warm and soft. A degree or two above room temperature is all it takes to make the honeycomb soft and tender.