WHAT is GoodLocal?
GoodLocal.ca is Winnipeg’s new one-stop shop for everything local. We help local buyers and sellers reach each other — customers visit our site, buy whatever they need and have it delivered from Manitoba makers & sellers to their door.
WHY join GoodLocal?
We started GoodLocal as Winnipeggers who want it to be easy for local buyers and sellers to reach each other, because we believe that a thriving community of growers, makers and merchants is the heartbeat of any great city. Having more dollars spent by Winnipeggers stay in town isn’t just about supporting the local economy, it’s also about celebrating the locally owned businesses that give our city its vibrancy.
If you love the idea of simultaneously supporting our local economy, building community and getting in on the ground floor of a startup created by Winnipeggers for Winnipeggers, this is the opportunity for you. We hope you’ll join us!
About YOUR ROLE
As a Vendor Partnership Specialist, you will…
- Grow GoodLocal’s product shelf by recruiting new vendor partners to the platform
- Build relationships with current and prospective vendor partners
- Build a pipeline of vendor prospects and execute on a strategy to drive partnerships
- Manage and update vendor-recruitment ‘funnel’ and database
- Learn about customer needs to be able to offer useful advice to vendors
- Be the face of the GoodLocal brand for new and prospective vendor partners
- Manage your own schedule, working whenever and wherever you like
Some things about you…
- You have minimum 2-3 years of sales experience
- You have excellent communication, customer-service and problem-solving skills
- You prefer to lead your own work and love being in a fast-paced environment
- You want to work at least 20 hours a week (on a flexible schedule)
- You are very organized and have a strong working knowledge of spreadsheets
- You are a proud Winnipegger/Manitoban who wants to be part of building something GOOD and something LOCAL