WHAT is GoodLocal?
GoodLocal.ca is Winnipeg’s new one-stop shop for everything local. We help local buyers and sellers reach each other — customers visit our site, buy whatever they need and have it delivered from Manitoba makers & sellers to their door.
WHY join GoodLocal?
We started GoodLocal as Winnipeggers who want it to be easy for local buyers and sellers to reach each other, because we believe that a thriving community of growers, makers and merchants is the heartbeat of any great city. Having more dollars spent by Winnipeggers stay in town isn’t just about supporting the local economy, it’s also about celebrating the locally owned businesses that give our city its vibrancy.
If you love the idea of simultaneously supporting our local economy, building community and getting in on the ground floor of a startup created by Winnipeggers for Winnipeggers, this is the opportunity for you. We hope you’ll join us!
About YOUR ROLE
As an Operations Lead, you will…
- Help GoodLocal’s users (vendors and customers) with all manner of inquiries or support needs
- Help new vendors get up and running on the GoodLocal site (uploading products, learning to use the tools available to them, etc)
- Oversee order fulfillment, ensuring that orders are fulfilled and delivered to customers on time
- Build & maintain relationships with current and prospective vendors/customers
- Oversee and guide the work of customer-service support staff
- Develop processes to help GoodLocal’s operations be effective and efficient
- Be relentlessly focused on user experience and operational excellence
Some things about you…
- You have minimum 2-3 years of customer-service or operations experience in a customer-focused environment
- You have excellent communication, customer-service and problem-solving skills
- You prefer to lead your own work and love being in a fast-paced environment
- You want to work at least 20 hours a week (on a flexible schedule)
- You are very organized and have a strong working knowledge of spreadsheets and the Google work environment (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc)
- You are comfortable learning and using new software
- You are a proud Winnipegger/Manitoban who wants to be part of building something GOOD and something LOCAL